Elizabeth has exclusively practiced family law for seven years. She began practicing collaborative law because she believes it provides a better framework for families to resolve custody, support, and property…
1225 19th Street NW
Washington, DC 20036
4000 Legato Rd.
Fairfax, VA 22033
4800 Hampden Lane
Bethesda, MD 20814
Emily C. Baker is a partner at Tucker PLLC. Emily believes that a key step in constructing creative solutions for her clients is to listen carefully as they develop their goals. Emily assists clients with various issues relating to separation and divorce and has particular expertise in representing clients in complex, high-net-worth family law matters. Depending on the situation\\\'s specifics, Emily helps clients resolve the issues in their divorce using negotiation, mediation, and/or litigation. Emily is trained in Collaborative Divorce, an alternative to litigation and traditional negotiation methodologies, and is a trained mediator for family law matters. Emily practices in Northern Virginia, particularly in Fairfax County, Arlington County, and the City of Alexandria, and the District of Columbia.
Emily is a zealous advocate for her clients from the initial meeting to the matter\\\'s conclusion. She brings empathy, attention to detail, and creativity in seeking the best outcome for each unique client. Emily understands that clients deal with great uncertainty and strong emotions as they move through the divorce process; thus, she can work with each client to maintain centeredness and focus on what is most important.
Emily clerked for the Honorable Robert J. Smith of Fairfax County Circuit Court and then, contrary to usual practice, was selected for a second clerkship the following year with Chief Judge Bruce D. White. Her experiences during these two years have given Emily a solid foundation for her skill at advocating for her clients.
Emily received her law degree from Washington and Lee University School of Law in Lexington, Virginia, after graduating from Furman University in Greenville, South Carolina, with a B.A. cum laude. Emily is delighted to be part of a sophisticated, multi-jurisdictional Family Law practice group that offers clients exceptional resources to resolve complex family challenges.
Emily lives in Arlington, Virginia, with her husband and daughter. On her own time, Emily loves hiking, long-distance bike riding, and reading.
• The Best Lawyers in America®– Family Law (2020-2023)
• Arlington Magazine’s Top Attorneys in Arlington, Fairfax, Falls Church, and Alexandria (2021)
• Selected to the Virginia Super Lawyers Rising Stars list – Family Law (2020-2022)
• Selected to the Washington, DC Super Lawyers Rising Stars list – Family Law (2019-2022)
• Virginia Business Magazine‘s Legal Elite (2021)
• Fairfax Bar Association Board of Directors, Director
• Collaborative Professionals of Northern Virginia, Member
• DC Academy of Collaborative Professionals, Member
• Fairfax Bar Association, Young Lawyers’ Section, Past President
• International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, Member
• Virginia Collaborative Professionals, Member