Julia Kirvan, LCSW-C, is a clinical social worker who has worked in the Washington, D.C area for over twenty-five years helping individuals, couples and families. She maintains a private clinical…
Vicki Viramontes-LaFree, JD
Bethesda, MD 20814
Vicki handles all aspects of divorce and family law, including resolution of property, support and child custody issues. Vicki works in an amicable and respectful manner with clients who are interested in resolving their family conflicts, having in mind at all times her goal of helping both adults and children move forward into the future.
An experienced and effective negotiator, she uses her negotiating skills to resolve family disputes through settlement whenever possible. Vicki has completed her training in many aspects of collaborative practice. Recently, she has become a leader in collaborative law groups in order to advance the goals of collaborative law and to bring this fresh approach to as many clients as can benefit from it.
Vicki has taught continuing legal education programs on division of retirement benefits at divorce, including military, federal plans and the plans of international organizations. She has also taught an advanced training program on financial aspects of divorce, including retirement benefits, property transfers, and taxes, for mediators of the District of Columbia's Multi-Door Dispute Resolution Division.
Practice Group Membership
- Collaborative Dispute Resolution Professionals, Inc.
- DC Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Maryland Collaborative Practice Council
- American Bar Association (Family Law Section)
- Bar Association of the District of Columbia (Family Law Section)
- Maryland State Bar Association (Family Law Section)
- Bar Association of Montgomery County, Maryland (Family Law Section)
- Women's Bar Association of the District of Columbia
- Women's Bar Association of Montgomery County, Maryland
- District of Columbia
- New Mexico (inactive)
- University of New Mexico, B.A., Phi Beta Kappa
- University of New Mexico School of Law, J.D.
|2005||Basic Collaborative Law Training||George Richardson||16|
|2006||Basic Collaborative Law Training||Suzanne Brunsting / Stuart Levinson||16|
|2006||Intermediate Collaborative Law Training||Stu Web / Ron Ousky||8|
|2007||Taking the War Out of Our Words||Sharon Ellison||8|
|2007||Interdisciplinary Team Training||George Richardson||20|
MCPC First Annual Symposium: "Collaborative Advocacy/Difficult Conversations Workshop"