Jamie S. Blum
Bethesda, MD 20814-3048
1150 18th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20036-3857
Jamie S. Blum, CPA, CDFA® is a divorce financial and litigation support manager who joined Councilor, Buchanan & Mitchell, P.C. (CBM) in June 2020. She has more than 30 years of experience in divorce finance, litigation support and accounting. Before joining CBM, she served two years as a divorce financial analyst for Financial Divorce Solutions. In that role, Jamie delivered collaborative, mediation and client advocacy support for financial issues in divorce, expert witness testimony, budgeting, financial analysis of property settlements, stock options and retirement plans, and calculations of retirement assets and alimony payments.
Jamie understands the divorce process is a very stressful and emotional time for everyone involved. She brings clarity, confidence and support to her clients throughout their process to make informed and objective financial choices. As a financial neutral in the collaborative process and a trained mediator, she works with clients and their attorneys to achieve mutually agreeable and fair solutions to the complex financial matters in and beyond their divorce.
Her previous experiences include ownership of Certified Contractors Network and Maggio Roofing Company, where she provided financial management oversight and earlier accounting roles with MCI Communications and PriceWaterhouse Coopers.
Professional Qualifications and Education
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Divorce Financial Analyst
- Trained in Collaborative Divorce and Divorce Mediation
- Qualified as a Financial Expert in Washington, DC
- B.S. Accounting – University of Delaware
Professional Associations and Activities
- Collaborative Dispute Resolution Professionals, Board Member
- American Institute of CPAs
- Institute of Divorce Financial Analysts
- International Association of Collaborative Professionals
- DC Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Northern Virginia Collaborative Professionals